1. Asking for apologies and accepting apologies will be a life-long exercise.
2. Don’t be surprised when you don’t want to read your Bible, go to church, or eradicate the sin in your life, Satan doesn’t want it either.
3. You don’t have to like people to love them.
4. There are going to be times when you don’t like or understand why your parents are doing what they’re doing, and there will be times when your parents won’t like or understand why you’re doing what you’re doing.
5. You’ll wake up every morning looking for something or someone to worship.
6. You don’t have to be the “best” to do what you love.
7. Jesus-followers don’t always look like Jesus and unbelievers don’t always look like Satan.
8. Other than Jesus, God has never used a perfect person to accomplish His will, and you won’t be His first.
9. Democrats, Republicans, and Libertarians will ALL share space in heaven.
10. Burying the gifts He has given you (in order to protect people from the feelings they might have about your gifts) was never God’s intended plan.
11. This world is going to hurt because it’s not your home.
12. Sex outside of marriage is kind of like skydiving without a parachute, it’s dangerous.
13. You can be a man and not be obsessed with sex; you can be a woman and enjoy sex; you can be a Christian and want sex.
14. “Meek” and “weak” are not synonymous and neither are “confident” and “arrogant.”
15. Your friends are individuals, so don’t expect them to look like, act like, or be like your other friends.
16. You can be married and have friends. In fact, you should.
17. There will be things in life you should do that you won’t feel like doing, and then there will be things in life you shouldn’t do that you’ll feel you need to do.
18. It’s easier to love people where they are than where they aren’t.
19. You can have two different feelings at the very same time, and both of these feelings might be equally valid.
20. It’s no longer a gift when you feel the need to repay the giver.
21. Authentic community requires genuine vulnerability.
22. You can do unto others as you’d have them do unto you, but that doesn’t ensure that they will do what you want and do what you’ve done.
23. You can’t expect people to know what you won’t share.
24. You’ll never grow if you don’t work at growing.
25. Falling and failing today doesn’t nullify yesterday’s victories.
26. The world is not “your oyster,” it’s His.
27. Your past may explain your present, but it doesn’t justify or excuse your actions today.
28. You can do ‘A’ and ‘B’ and never get ‘C.’
29. You may not need the person that needs you, and that’s okay because some of the people you need, don’t need you.
30. Life is full of adventures–some scary, some exciting, and some scary-exciting. So as you venture, trust the Father’s, almighty hands; they are never far.
If you missed my first list, click here!